Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Swaziland

Swaziland is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I may have said that about several places in Africa, but truly the country of Swaziland is magnificant! I'll write more about our adventures at a later time, but I wanted to dedicate this post to my friend Glenda Wardell because she loves plants and nature in general.  This is a place that most church members stay when they are in Swazi. It is breath taking.  The cost is $106.00 a night in US  currency.   I had to add that because in the US it would cost,so, so, much more. They give church members a big discount because they said we are easy, and pleasant guest.  My photos can't begin to capture the beauty of this resort, but I will try.



 



 
 

All over the grounds they have these ponds with animal statues around them.

I still have more pictures!
 
 
 


This was our room #114


We are traveling with the humanitarian couple and Dr. Madsen and his wife. They are talking with the Minister of Health Dept. in Swazi and Lesotho about a program called Helping Babies Breathe.  So far the response has been very positive.  The Doctor and is wife will return in a few months to train mid-wives and hospital staff on assisting newborn who struggle at birth.  The mortality rate for infants is very high and the country is anxious to do what they can to lower that number.

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment